It’s the biggest weekend in retail (or is it? 👀😉). Our clients have been gearing up, and the experts have shared their predictions. But, since COVID affected the traditional shopping frenzy, and inflationary pressures rocketed this year, it’s hard to know what will happen for sure.
For now, we can only speculate.
From Black Friday, however, we’ll be monitoring retail performance across millions of Nosto-powered interactions, on over 1000 ecommerce stores. Our data will be of the full Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) weekend, giving you taste of what happens, as the weekend unveils.
Starting Saturday, this article will be updated daily with the previous day’s performance data, by 10 AM EST / 3 PM GMT.
Performance by day
Black Friday kicked off the weekend on a very strong note, seeing substantial year-on-year increases across traffic, sales, and average order value.
- Year-on-year increase in traffic 6.3%
- Year-on-year increase in sales 8.4%
- Year-on-year increase in AOV 4.9%
- Year-on-year decrease in conversion rate 3.1%
- Peak hour for traffic 16:00-17:00 UTC
- Peak hour for conversions 22:00-23:00 UTC